Transport Planner – Cork/ Dublin
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by a leading International multi-disciplinary consultancy to recruit a Senior Transport Planner covering large scale projects.
This a great opportunity working with an internationally established consultancy on significant sized projects. The successful candidate will be afforded a competitive salary.
- Developing potential solutions to problems such as congestion
- Assessing the impact of recent building developments, such as a new housing estate, on transport systems
- Designing research methods and survey techniques
- Modelling traffic flows using mathematical techniques and specialist computer applications
- Analysing and interpreting data
- Preparing reports and publications
- Giving presentations about proposed transportation options
- Acting as an expert witness during public inquiries
- Staying knowledgeable about government transport and planning policy.
- Post-graduate experience in the Transport sector
- A Masters degree in Transport Planning, or a related subject would be desirable but not essential
- Experience working for Local or National Government clients
- An understanding of local government pressures and priorities
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of transport modelling and appraisal software packages would be desirable but not essential
- Familiarity and application of TII Project Appraisal Guidance and business case guidance
- Excellent written communication skills and report writing experience
- The ability to communicate and work collaboratively to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Enjoy working in a team environment, sharing knowledge and demonstrate pride in work.
If you would like any more information on this role please contact Darren O`Keeffe on 085 866 5682 or email your CV to email@example.com