AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Warehouse Manager for a leading manufacturing company based in Killarney, Co. Kerry. This challenging role will require a self-motivated individual with extensive knowledge and experience of warehousing and distribution operations. The successful candidate will report to the Finance Director and will be responsible to direct and control warehousing and distribution operations.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter. You are a dependable, performance driven decision maker with the capability to analyse problems, swiftly develop solutions and then to implement appropriate actions. Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the role, you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels. You have strong people and performance management experience, excellent presentation techniques and well developed influencing skills. Using your management skills and experience, you will lead the warehouse and distribution team towards the companies supply chain vision and objectives. You will create a high performance culture based on the pillars of customer focus, quality and continuous improvement through the motivation and engagement of the team. You take responsibility for the performance of the team, consistently meeting and exceeding targets.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Ensure the efficient and economical utilization of facilities for receiving, storing and distributing of a variety of products (raw materials, spare parts, kits etc.).
- Manage, and continuously improve, the assigned metrics in compliance with companys vision/policies and best known visual supply chain practices. Develop and recommend improvements in warehouse practices to promote efficiency, faster service, and lower costs.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements. Maintain correct standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
- Ensure that productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly.
- Prioritize, allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs. Supervise staff to ensure that all warehouse activities, and all machines/equipment is operated safely. Train new workers in warehouse operating procedures and standards. Develop and implement a professional development program for the team together with HR.
- Prepare a budget and operate within the approved budget.
- Ensure that all machines and equipment are operated in a safe manner, enforce optimal operational policies and procedures. Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results.
- Proactive engagement with suppliers on optimum delivery method to meet the needs of the internal customers at lowest possible cost.
- Proactive engagement with QA team to ensure that material is available to meet the needs of the internal customers and support replacement deliveries if needed.
- Modify & leverage IT support systems to optimize functionality and provide accurate reporting for key stakeholders.
- Responsible for accuracy & quality of data input into the ERP and Warehouse Management System.
- Resolution of any goods-inward issues and manage stock control process together with Purchasing & Finance.
- Coordination with Logistics and Transport with respect to deliveries to internal/external customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a warehouse manager.
- Expertise in warehouse management & logistics procedures and best practices.
- Service minded, customer focused and team player with strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge and implementation experience in world class supply chain management methods and tools (lean, 5S, Kanban, JIT, consignment stock etc.)
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators.
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration.
Contact Owen Twomey on 085 866 9484, alternatively email your CV to email@example.com