14/Jan/2022: Chemical Safety Training
10 in stock
This is a 1-day course designed for both novice and experienced personnel. The course can be made bespoke for particular chemicals and/or company needs.
Module 1: Legislation
Module 2: Chemical Information
Module 3: Routes of Entry and Health Effects
Module 4: Classification
Module 5: Safety Data Sheets
Module 6: Storage
Module 7: Chemical Controls
Module 8: Chemical Spills
On completion of this course, participants will:
- Be familiar with legislation relevant to chemical use in the workplace
- Be capable of understanding the contents of a safety data sheet and
- Be able to complete a chemical risk assessment
- Be able to work safely with chemicals.
- Know how to safely store chemicals
- Be familiar with general chemical spill procedures
- Be able use of spill control equipment appropriately
- Know how to dispose of chemicals including spill equipment
No of Trainees
The course is suitable for anyone who must work with chemicals in various industries.
1 day, start time 8.30am until 4.00pm
The course is a mixture of classroom-based theory training and practical training with spill equipment, the coursed is instructor led.
The theory element of the course includes a multiple-choice assessment and the practical assessment includes chemical spill scenario
On completing of both the theory and practical element of the course successfully, trainees with receive an AA Euro Training certificate which is valid for three years
Completion of a Competency Questionnaire
€160 per person