Health & Safety Manager
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive Recruitment are looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager/Senior Engineer to join one of Irelands largest Irish owned consultancies who will work as an integral team member in our Dublin, Cork or Carlow offices. This position offers exposure to a broad range of areas within the Infrastructure, Waste, Environmental and Energy and Planning sectors.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum academic requirements: a HETAC (Higher Education and Training Awards Council) recognised level 8 degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, and Diploma in Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction)
- Achieved chartered status with Engineers Ireland or similar professional body
- Chartered member of IOSH or willingness to become a Chartered member of IOSH is preferred
- Minimum 10 years post graduate experience in the management of PSDP and HSC duties
- Demonstrate ability to act as a competent PSDP within the meaning of the Safety, Health & Welfare Act 2005 and Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006
- Experience in the preparation of Preliminary Safety & Health Plans
- Experience in acting as the Health & Safety Co-ordinator for the Design Process
- Experience in co-ordinating differing Designers i.e. Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geotechnical Engineers, In-House designers, external designers etc
- Excellent communication, organisational and analytical skills required
- Key requirements include efficient work methods, functioning both as part of team and on own initiative, experience of project management
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience in managing projects in an area of the expertise as noted above.
- Full Drivers Licence.
The Health and Safety Manager/Senior Engineer will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
- Health and Safety Management
- Continual improvement of the company Health & Safety procedures in line with new legislation/regulations. Formulate policies and procedures if required
- To act as Project Supervisor Design Phase (PSDP)
- To act as Health & Safety Co-ordinator for the Design Process
- Carry out Risk Assessments and prepare Preliminary Safety & Health Plans
- Train all employees in health and safety procedures
- Conduct frequent safety inspections and checks
- Understand the importance of Personal Protective Equipment
- Respond to any safety complaints and concerns raised by employees
- Take responsibility for first aid and concerns raised by employees
- Manage emergency procedures
- Lead by example and promote health and safety culture.
- Project management of PSDP projects including
- Client management
- Coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and scope
- Oversee all aspects of projects (including project finances)
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project.
Please note that depending on qualifications this role may suit part-time/flexi working.
For more information please contact Sarah Murphy on 085 8608026 or send your CV to SMurphy@aaeuro.com <