AA Euro Recruitment Group
Mechanical Project Director Role Description
Candidate Profile & Experience
You will have at least 15 years experience in Large Industrial Mechanical Construction in Data Centres, Oil and Gas, Power or Pharmaceutical installations.
This experience must include directly managing large Mechanical construction projects from design through construction to commissioning and handover with annual sales greater than 30 million.
You must have a Mechanical engineering qualification or direct equivalent and be technically competent.
- Have managed large teams including safety, commercial, engineering, construction, BIM, QA/QC, testing and commissioning sections.
- Have very good team leadership skills with the ability to coach and inspire your team, building trust and excellent working relationships.
- Have excellent client management skills and experience.
- Be comfortable interfacing with every level of person on site, talking to operatives and encouraging the team from top to bottom.
- Be IT literate with excellent Word and Excel skills and a good working knowledge of document control systems, modelling software and project control software.
- Be an exemplar ambassador for the company and its values; integrity, dependability, safety, pride and quality.
- Bring innovative solutions to problems as they arise.
You will lead a multidisciplinary team to deliver to the highest standards managing all aspects of the Project from Pre-Construction through design, modelling, construction and through to Commissioning and Handover.
You will have directly responsibility to the Operations Director and then to the company board for all aspects of the project delivery.
You will control the project to meet the companys objective to deliver a safe, quality project to our client.
- Lead the implementation of the Safety Systems, leading by example, monitoring and controlling safety using the construction and safety team
- Participate in the Behavioural Based Safety System giving leadership to the team.
- Have a safety plan prepared and implement it.
- Manage the preparation of RAMS for production and commissioning activities.
- Give instruction / toolbox talks / inductions to personnel and subcontractors
- Ensure we have adequate resource allocated to the process
- Lead the implementation of the Quality Systems.
- Manage the QA / QC process using the construction and QA team to ensure the quality of the installation
- Have a project quality plan prepared and implement the plan.
- Ensure we have adequate resource allocated to the process.
Engineering & Technical
- Provide technical support and leadership to the engineering, BIM, construction and commissioning team.
- Attend and lead constructability reviews.
- Ensure the correct drawings are prepared and issued using a design deliverables schedule.
- Control the information flow using the RFI and submittals system.
- Ensure document control using the document control system.
- Manage the procurement process – Source suppliers and subcontractors, controlling their appointment to deliver the right delivery solution.
- Maintain a procurement schedule based on the project plan.
- Monitor and expedite equipment deliveries using the procurement schedule.
- Establish an effective material stock control and storage system.
- Manage the project team ensuring our staff are working efficiently and professionally.
- Regularly review the resources required and ensure we have adequate resource onsite.
- Deal with any HR / IR issues that arise carry out appraisals.
- Manage our relationship with the professional team Engineers / Architects and PQS
- Manage our relationship with the Construction Management Team.
- Manage sub-contractors including the commissioning contractor.
- This includes managing their resources, costs, quality, safety etc.
Planning & Scheduling
- Manage the project through the schedule.
- Lead the Planning Team to prepare a project schedule for all aspects using Primavera including-
o Sequencing & resequencing the work
o Resource loading the schedule to plan the labour resource
o Monitoring progress in detail to produce an S / progress curve.
o Monitoring progress using commodity curves e.g. m pipe installed achieved v planned.
- Ensure a set of redline drawings is maintained showing progress & changes Schematics and Layouts.
- Issue progress reports internally and externally
- Produce look ahead programs to focus production.
Commissioning / Handover
- Lead the Testing and Commissioning Team through the team lead.
- Manage the testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning and setting to work of the Mechanical and Controls systems.
- Manage the testing, flushing and all pre-commissioning activities.
- Understand the commissioning gate tagging system red tag / yellow tag / blue tag.
- Manage and coordinate the commissioning process, including all testing, flushing, flowrate setting and executing SAT protocols to handover
- Compile an Operations & Maintenance manual for handover to the client.
- Compile Training manuals for training of the clients team.
- Arrange production of as-built drawings for inclusion in the Operations & Maintenance manual.
- Lead the Commercial team through the team lead.
- Manage the QS and Commercial team to manage project costs.
- Understand the contract and ensure the contract is complied with to protect the companys interest.
- Ensure the costs and sales for the project are closely controlled and profit projections are achieved.
- Ensure a variation log is maintained detailing changes in scope.
- Prepare estimates for work variations & new projects.
- Ensure monthly valuations are submitted to the client and agreed.
- Ensure accurate cash flows are issued to head office each month.
- Ensure measures of work are completed and prepare productivity (S/E) reports
- Ensure delays and notifications are issued promptly.
- Manage the team to Final Account Preparation, Negotiation & agreement
- Ensure Insurance & tax compliance of suppliers and subcontractors on site.
If you would like more information on this role, please contact Ian Murphy on 085 8666878 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org <