AA Euro Recruitment Group
We are currently looking for an experienced QA/ QC Engineer (Mechanical) to work on a Â£34m Commercial project in central London. As a QA / QC Engineer you will, as part of a dedicated site quality and inspection team be expected to co-ordinate the establishment and implementation of the Project quality plan and site inspection and test procedures of the subcontracted installation. You will contribute to the establishment of a quality culture within the team.
- Familiarisation of the requirements of the contractors Quality Plan and ITPs as well as DESL procedures
- Familiarise with the scope of each system, specification and installation to enable a good understanding of client requirements
- Ensure that material installed on site is as per Project Specification and technical submittals
- Undertaken monthly audits of our project deliverables ( Drawings revision, Technical Submittals, Benchmarks, RFIs, ) to provide regular feedback about internal procedure compliance
- Produce monthly project quality internal reports providing feedback to Project Manager and identifying potential points of risk in quality aspects
- Perform quality inspections on site as per IFC drawings generating snags or irregularities following them up until completion, liaising with subcontractors until snags completion and produce records of the whole process
- Track and Witness tests performed on site coordinating them with subcontractors and Project Engineers. Produce test packs records accordingly within DESL internal platform.
- Attend and assist Project Engineers in all quality related activities that may arise
- Attend the monthly quality reviews meetings with the team
- Coordinate site walks with the client for Sign off process
- Have a close liaison with our module Facility to ensure that internal procedures are followed between both sites. Visit the Facility site in case of required
- Be the QA lead and be proactive with issues that may arise on site. Detect opportunities for improvement and try to educate and encourage the team to perform as per company Standards
- Collaborate in Commissioning tasks and activities ensuring that commissioning department has the relevant information from Quality Activities. Liaise in due course with Commissioning Manager
- Trade qualification is preferable but not essential
- The ideal candidate will be a CSWIP qualified weld inspector
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a track record in the management of a quality system within the construction industry and an understanding of experience in piping quality standards
- Must be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience in the delivery of concise reports on installation and test progress and ultimate system completion and handover in a timely manner.
- 2-5 years Experience
Please contact Liam Howard on 021 206 6078 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org